Yesterday, Ariel and I went to have 2 last documents notarized. We got to the bank at 3:15. Yes...how last minute can you be ...right? The notary there said that he could not help us and that I needed to drive across the street to another postal store. Little did I know about what was in store. In my mind thinking...just great am I going to be able to get this done? I'm going to have to pay now....etc. I was getting concerned. As usual...the Lord was trying to tell me...I'm still here with you...trust me. I walked in and all of the ladies were Chinese. I started chatting with them and they had no trouble notarizing my Chinese documents and then didn't want to charge me because of the situation...let's just say I was blown away. I almost lost it. I left with tears in my eyes knowing that the Lord is in this! He is still here!
Fast forward to today....we got up at 3am. My girls were so excited they jumped out of bed smiling singing Kai Lan's song. I'm going to China......I'm going to China...I feel so happy! So glad that they are so excited. They have been singing all week and counting down the days. We left in plenty of time..so we thought and we got to the airport to find a long line in front of us because United had canceled several flights. We waited
patiently for our turn and then proceeded to security where the line was as long as I've ever seen it for this time in the morning. What a day it has been already. The girls and I opted out and you would've thought I asked for a miracle. They were training new employees (always a nice touch). They got very distracted with Ariel's pat down. Finally we were released to leave and we RAN all the way to the gate. Brian ran ahead of us and asked if they would hold the plane for us. I've never been "one of those" before. ha It was so close! I'm just so thankful that they waited for us. Our poor kids were running as fast as their legs would carry them at this time in the morning. :)

in the van..thanks neighbors for the ride!
All is good now..just waiting for our 16 hour flight to Hong Kong. We have several hours to wait. Hurry up and wait. :)
We met up with Mamaw. The kids were glad to see her!
We've already had several interesting conversations on the plane and on the shuttle bus at the airport. We met up with the group going to Beijing with Show Hope. That was neat...except I was the last one on board..hmmm.....
Until we arrive in Hong Kong...
waiting in anticipation with you!! SOO super excited for you!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for everyone! Wish I could be there when the girls all meet each other!!! We are praying for you! Tell Kayli and Amelia I said "hi" and hug them for me. :) -Julie Johnson (otherwise known as Fumoo the Frog-our old pet!)
ReplyDeleteThis s awesome! I am so excited for you all. Take care and know that the Farmers are praying for you all.
ReplyDeletePraying, praying, praying for you all!!! So excited for your family, God is so good. Look forward to more updates...
ReplyDelete