Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Adoption Day

Today we got up at 3am .. yes ... 3 am, Brian was in his office (bathroom) studying. He will take his test tomorrow.  I was awake too so it was a long day.  We made up for it though.  We took a nap with Kaitlyn today.  It was several hours long.  The other girls hung out with mamaw.  They enjoyed it.  Amelia and Kayli are choosing to stay close to the hotel.

Brian and I went to the civil affairs building today to the notary.  We will go to the police station tomorrow.  We had our photo made for the girls' red book.

Kaitlyn has showed that she has a huge temper.  She has had several fits.  :(  I'm sure she is sad about not being able to communicate plus leaving her life that she has always known.  We have learned Kaitlyn hates her clothes being wet.  She doesn't like to be hot.  (little princess)   She loves a bath and wants to take one often.  We had to carry her back from Shamian Island screaming and kicking over being hot.  Ugh.  She loves any kind of food, especially veggies, bean and nuts.  Praise the Lord.

Lily has done well for all the changes.  Words she is trying today are thank you and please.  She's getting the hang of them.  She hates veggies, love nuts, meat, bread, rice ..etc.  We have some work to do.  Ha.

I will post pictures soon .... didn't take too many.

3 comments:

  1. your entries have been so much fun to read and follow. We are still praying for your family and also for Brian's test!!! Can't wait to see more pictures :) erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have lots of help! Sounds like they're keeping you busy. :) Love all the pics. How many more days do you stay there? How many families were adopting at the same time you were getting the girls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you and loved getting caught up with your story. So sorry that I did not reply to you before you left, but not sure you needed any of my advice as you are an expert already! I'm amazed that you can juggle 2 new children and your whole family too! Can't wait to learn more about the girls- they are so pretty and seem so sweet too. :)

    ReplyDelete