Monday, May 21, 2012

United/Home at Last...

United airlines has not gotten their act together since they merged with Continental.  We almost missed our flight AGAIN in Hong Kong due to flights delayed/canceled...etc. We arrived 2 hours early. Brian ran ahead to hold it with 2 kids while I stayed behind correcting the ticket error that they made on Kaitlyn's ticket.  We barely made the flight. There were quite a few empty seats....I felt sorry for those people that probably were standing in that same line that were were originally in before I decided to jump ship and go on a limb and ask another counter for help and they were able to help us get checked in.  What a whirlwind...

Kaitlyn did surprisingly well on her first flight that lasted for 15 hours.  ugh!  It was LONG!  She was a trooper...only slept a total of 4 hours and played play doh for MANY hours!  Her laugh is loud and we got several mean looks from a lady that was trying to sleep next to us...at least they weren't screams. :)

We arrived home last night around 8:45pm. It was so fun to see several friends come and congratulate us!  THANK YOU!  Ariel was super excited to see a few friends.  Upon arriving into the US Ariel had chosen not to eat any more plane food and felt very sick for about 2 hours upon arriving into Newark.  :(  She quickly started eating salad and pizza and started feeling better.  Everyone is so tired of junk food...and so happy to be back at home eating healthy foods again. (Ariel even begged for green lemonade juice.)  The kids agreed that they enjoy mom's way of eating.  :) Angela & Brian woke up in the middle of the night not knowing wear they were...ha!  Angela asked, "where are we?" and Brian said..."I don't know but get back into bed."  Later we had a good laugh...we had a good nights rest.  It was much needed! 

Today is laundry day here!  Thanks again for all of your support.  We appreciate you!  You know who you are!  I'll find that camera shortly and get some photos updated here...lots to update!
Bye Bye Hollywood Hotel at Disney HK
First Flight!  15 hours
at the Hong Kong airport...
Back at home...


in Newark

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are home & getting back to "normal". Isabella is doing great at home...we have her first cardiologist appt. today. Jose and I enjoyed meeting you and your family & hope to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Angela and family!! We have continued to pray for you, glad you made it back safely and caught your flight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home!! We have been praying for you and your safety on your way home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to post here but I couldn't find any place on the other page. I would love to advocate for Ebby. Please email me at Maeveyblue@aol.com so I can get her information from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete