Saturday, May 19, 2012

Catching up ...

Hi everyone, this is Heather posting for Angela while they are in China.  And I apologize, I have been a bad blogger.  :)  They have been very busy - but I have had an update for a few days and have not gotten it posted .. so, for those of you still waiting (sorry) here are a few updates!




I am sure those of you watching this blog have been frustrated and wondering what we are doing.  I hate when I am watching a family s journey and then they stop blogging.  Sorry we've turned into one of those. Lol. We moved to another hotel on Thursday.  Now we are at the garden hotel.  It is very nice. Upscale, beautiful...not so kid friendly.  The location is ok as it is downtown.  Friday we did not visit the orphanage.  Kaitlyn would have struggled on this very long trip.  We were going to send half of us but...more on that later.  

Friday we hung out at the hotel.  Some eating places to note.  We've been to the Chinese/Italian place two times.  It is the sign that looks like Fazolis if you visit china.  Their buffet is fantastic at night  .. about $20 US dollars and half that for kids.  Lunch was good too. 

Saturday ….we did all of the medicals.  That went pretty well. The girls got their TB skin test. Kaitlyn gets overwhelmed if she is too hot or if it is too loud..we try to prepare now for both situations.
  
Sunday was Mother’s Day.  We went shopping for pearls, jade, dvds and Chinese dresses.  It was hot, dirty and not what we expected.  We did buy a few dvds and 2 dresses there.  That night we went to a Malaysian restaurant. It was so good!!  It was cheap also.  I do not know the name of it, however, it was near the cocoa coffee place out back of the hotel, 711, Watsons grocery store...you rode an elevator to get up to it.  We ordered coconuts for everyone to drink.  We also ate a family style dinner.  I ordered noodles and veggies, fried eggplant (which was the favorite) taro (not so good..mom wanted), a couple of other yummy mixed veggie dishes.  The people next to us had chicken.  The chicken head was on the plate.  Kayli asked if she could have it...ewwww.  She wrapped it up in a napkin and took it to Brian.  It was pretty funny.  The kids also finished the meal for the neighbors.  They had veggies and rice and slurped them down too. I felt like i need to pay for their dinner also.  Lol He didn't go because he had a paper to write.  Thankfully he got it finished and is now done with the class.  Yahoo!
On another note, Brian ate shellfish while in china several days...shellfish is terrible for you anyway...he has had the worst rash and the guide quickly realized it was from the shellfish..please take note if you are traveling here anytime soon.  

Monday we took the kids back to the medical to have TB test checked..all of the kids were negative!! Ptl! Later we went to the Guangzhou zoo.  It was pretty fun.  Do you remember me telling you that Kaitlyn doesn't like being hot? I took her dress off of her and let her play in the goldfish pool with the other local boys..a funny site to see.  I was the only foreigner and she was the only naked girl.  In the goldfish pool you were to actually catch real goldfish...oh so interesting...she didn't want to leave.  So the she walked around the zoo naked...and boy did I get the stares and she got the laughs...but she was happy so was I.  Brian took the others to do other things at the zoo.  I was pretty sure that they weren't up for removing their clothes and catching goldfish. :)  We ended our time there with ice cream for all!!  :) 
She had so much fun that we decided to go swimming at the hotel.  This was an experience for sure.  First of all you had Chinese people telling you that you must shower before entering the pool.  Then my littles thought it would be fun to play in that water..hmmmm..they quickly said this water is dirty...later we realized how dirty. Ugh since I had Kaitlyn they didn't want me in the regular pool so they kept telling me. We have baby pool.  We headed that direction.  Kaitlyn had a blast squealing the entire time and laughing extremely hard. Brian took over for a bit while I went to the big pool. Five minutes later everyone was coming to get me and Brian was disgusted...she had pooped and was flicking it away from her into the water...hmmm...maybe we need to learn that Cantonese word.  Lol! It was disgusting!!  What else do you do but laugh?  I was so embarrassed and apologized to the man in the suit that later helped pick up the poopy swimsuit to hand it to mom.  Lol. I am cracking up typing this..I’m sure you are getting a good laugh too. They told me do not apologize please. This is no big deal and told me to shower her off in the shower....oh that was the DIRTY water. Lol.  What an adventure.  Note to self...put her in a swim diaper..this has been her first accident of any kind.  ;)  They never closed the pool or tried to remove it from the pool AND families kept swimming in it....oh my!! We warned everyone that we saw. Crazy...until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment